Learn to paddleboard in one of the most stunning locations: St. John, USVI
St. John with its beautiful beaches and warm water is the perfect place to learn to paddleboard. With a board you can get to those unspoiled, uncrowded places that cannot be reached by foot or car.
Lucy from www.sup-stjohn.com is an ISA-certified SUP Instructor and Fanatic Team Rider. She has taught hundreds of people how to paddle.
Last year, she paddled from Tortola to Jost van Dyke and back, she did the 220km Eleven City Tour in Holland and competed in the ISA World Championships. She says: “I had been paddling for about half a year when I met Annabel Anderson, the world’s fastest female paddler. She showed me the right technique and I have been hooked on SUP ever since. I have passed on this technique to many beginners, who are having a great time and start to even beat me in races. I am sad when I see people helplessly drifting around, having the wrong paddle length, holding the paddle backwards and doing a stroke that is not efficient and bad for the body. I would love to teach you what I learned from Annabel, to make sure you have fun and are safe on the water!”
Prices for Lessons:
- 2 hour private lesson including board and carbon paddle rental:
- 75$ (one person)
- 2 or more 65$ (per person)
Prices for Rental:
- 30$ / hour Inflatable SUP (Fanatic 12’ Touring or 12’6” inflatable race board)
- 30$ / hour Kids SUP / SUP Surf Board (Fanatic 8’10” Pro Wave)
- 40$ / hour Carbon Race Board (Fanatic Falcon 12’6” or 14’)
- 65$ / day inflatable SUP (Fanatic 12’ Touring or 12’6” inflatable race board)
- 65$ / day Kids SUP / SUP Surf Board (Fanatic 8’10” Pro Wave)
- 75$ / day Carbon Race Board (Fanatic Falcon 12’6” or 14’)
- 220$ / week for any Board
They also offer guided tours, downwinders and custom Charters
The boards are located in Cruz Bay, St. John but they offer complimentary delivery in the Cruz Bay area.
Call or text on 415-218-5581 or send an email to info(at)sup-stjohn.com
More information on SUP-stjohn.com